Knitting is one of the best pastime activities you can engage in. Especially during those long, cold winter days,
However, unless you are among the experienced knitters, the process of knitting can seem very daunting. There are different types of yarns, more than a hundred types of needles, different stitches, among other technical tools. There are just so many knitting accessories sold in the market that most beginners don’t know where to start.
The good news is, you don’t have to stress too much about what items to buy. Instead, all you need to do is get yourself one
This article provides a guide to the best
What Type of Kits Require for a Beginner Knitter?
As a beginner, you will require knit kits that provide you with all the necessary tools you need to start crafting. Some essential tools included in the beginner kit are balls of yarn, needles, and sewing needles for finishing projects.
Also, beginner knitters should choose kits with instructions, such as different knitting patterns or cast stitches. These instructions can help beginners develop their skills and become pros within a short time. Therefore, when choosing beginner
Review and List Of Best
Knitting kits For Beginners
|Product Image||Product Name||Price / Primary Button|
The following are ten of the best-ranked
Knitting Teacher Kit
- This kit contains the essentials you need to get you started knitting
- Kit contains two pair of susan bates silvalume 10in knitting needles (us 7 and 10, 4-1/2mm and 6mm), a cable needle, two yarn needles, one stitch holder, five yarn bobs, two regular and two bulky...
- An instruction book with simple instructions and clear diagrams make learning easy
- The book contains more than thirty projects to make and includes left hand instructions
The knits kit also includes an instruction book with clear pictures, photo illustrations, and steps for the knitting craft. Left-handed knitters can also benefit from this book, as it contains left-hand
2. Susan Bates Bates Needles Learn Circular Knitting Kit
- Washing Instructions: Machine Wash Cold/Tumble Dry Low
This knitting kit comes with circular needles of US sizes 8″ and 10″. However, the Susan Bates kit doesn’t just provide you with all the essential tools you require to start
Also, the instruction manual consists of more than 100 color tutorials with photos and illustrations. These make the learning process much more comfortable and fun. The instruction booklet is only 44 pages long; hence, it is very convenient for those beginners looking to learn the craft more quickly.
3. Boye Beginners Teach Yourself
- Boye beginners teach yourself knitting set
- In addition to -inch taught myself knitting-inch book, 2 sets of knitting needles (sizes 6 and 8), cable stitch needle, tapestry yarn needles
- Accessories: knit tally, stitch holder, 1/4-inch cab one rings, point protectors, knit gauge
- Founded in 1906, Boye Needle Company was the first American manufacturer of crochet hooks and knitting needles
- Boye beginners teach yourself knitting set
In addition to the essential tools, the Boye beginner knitting kit comes with an instruction book that can teach beginners all the basics of
The needles included in the
4. Athena YY
Knitting Accessories Knitting Kit
One of the best things about the Athena YY knitting kit is that it can also be used as crocheting for beginners’ kit. In other words, this kit is ideal for all beginners, irrespective of the particular craft that they wish to learn and specialize in.
Among the many basic knitting and crochet tools included in this kit is the yarn cutter. What makes this yarn cutter very special is that it comes with a high-quality safety cap. The safety cap makes it possible to store all the accessories and supplies safely.
5. Knitting Accessories Knitting Kit
- Beginner Knitting Kit - The container latch is sturdy and keeps closed in your bag. Don't need to worry about the mess if the case is open.
- Crochet Accessories - Tape measure is correctly calibrated.
- Knitting Starter Kit - The yarn cutter comes with a safety cap. Much safter to storage it with so many notions.
- The Knitting Tools Kit is A Great Addition to Any Knitting Bag - It is small but conveniently contains notions that are a must for knitters. This compact little kit contains most of the useful items...
- The variety of marker and ring colors allows you to categorize stitches when knitting fair isle and to mark reminders easily. The different sizes also let you choose markers/rings that are more...
Despite its compact size, the
The yarn cutter included in the package comes with a durable safety cap. Also, the markers and rings in the kit are of different colors. The variety of colors allows beginners to mark reminders and categorize their stitches much more quickly when crafting.
The needles in the knits kit are very sturdy, durable, and easy to use. They are also of different sizes, such that users can choose their most suitable weights of yarn and projects without any limitations.
6. Exquiss 27 pcs Knitting Kits
- Metal tool tin package includes 27 pcs knitting kits. This is a must have knitting tool tin! You will get everything you need!
- Package includes 8 pcs locking stitch makers, 6 pcs pear shaped safety pins, 2 pcs large-eye blunt needles, 2 pcs plastic sewing needles, 1 pcs wooden knitting needle gauge in the shape of a sheep, 1...
- The set of knit suit tools are perfect for your needs. Whether weaving scarves, thread cut, sewing clothes and marking, it can make your knitting process successful.Perfect for handmade weave DIY...
- This is a good choice for knitting. They come with various knitting kits and convenient to keep in knitting bag.
As the name suggests, the Exquiss kits come as a package of 27 pieces of kits. All these knits kits are contained in a single metal tool tin, which provides safe storage for all 27 parts. With this knitting kit, you can expect to find everything you need to start your
In addition to knitting projects, the Exquiss knitting kit also includes tools for thread cutting, weaving scarves, marking, and sewing clothes. The equipment is also ideal for those people who love handmade weave DIY projects. Some essential tools included in the kit are two pieces of sewing needles, two pieces of large-eye blunt needles, and one piece of stitch holder.
7. Boye Yarn
Knitting for Beginners Kit
- Includes (2) pairs of knitting needles, (1) yarn needle, (5) stitch markers, and (1) fabric measuring tape. Yarn not included.
- A great way to sharpen your skills or introduce a beginner to the craft, this kit is an easy way to practice knitting with bulky yarns.
- Includes 9 different fun to complete patterns.
- Patterns include a scarf, shawl, and more.
- Combine with any of your own yarn to make vibrant and personalized projects!
The Boye Yarn beginner kit includes five stitch markers, one measuring tape, a yarn needle, and two knitting needles. These are all the
The knits kit also comes with nine different knitting patterns that beginners can easily practice on. These patterns are simple projects ideal for people learning how to knit, such as shawls and scarves. The Boye Yarn kit also provides beginners with clear instructions on how to work with bulky yarns.
The major disadvantage of this kit is that it doesn’t include any skeins of yarn in the package.
8. Boye Round
Knitting Loom Set
- Includes (4) circular knitting looms, (1) loom hook, (1) yarn needle, and (1) set of instructions including a pattern for a basic hat.
- Round looms measure 5.5", 7.5", 9.5", and 11.5" in diameter.
- Our loom set is a fun and simple way to knit without the use of needles, and allows you to perform both circular and flat knitting.
- The perfect way to make hats, booties, scarves, and more!
- Ensure pegs are firmly snapped into place before use.
This multicolor loom set comes with one yarn needle, a high-quality loom hook, and four circular
The Boye Round
9. Craftabelle – Finger Knit Creation Kit
- Craftabelle finger knitting kit for kids
- Set includes 4 bundles of heavy yarn
- Yarn comes in 4 colors: purple, pink, green, and multicolor
- Customize with a crystal buckle, a flower brooch, and beads!
- Also comes with 2 foam stitch holders.Add to your Craftabelle Creation Kit collection!.No batteries required.Suitable for kids aged 8 years and up
The Finger Knit Creation kit is a perfect design by Craftabelle. It includes a considerable amount of soft yarn, which can knit up to three scarves. What’s even better, the soft yarn is available in a wide variety of colors. Therefore, you can make your own preferred choice of color or even create your originals.
The Finger Knit Creation kit also comes with handy foam holders. Beginners can use these holders to keep their stitches in place, especially when taking breaks from the
10. Authentic Knitting Board ‘Premium’ Chunky Round
Knitting Loom Set
- 3 loom set with 48, 36 and 24 pegs
- Great for hats, shawls, and scarves
- Use chunky weight yarn
- Includes 4 patterns, 2 hats, scarf and cowl
The Authentic Knitting Board Loom set is most suitable for
The Authentic Knitting Board kit features four simple patterns for beginners; a scarf, cowl, and two hat patterns. The round
More so, the knitting supplies for beginners have a functional design, which makes
With all the kits for knitters available in the market, you are guaranteed to find equipment that suits your taste and preference. However, even with all the options to choose from, not just any knits kit would be ideal for you. The best knitting kits should consist of the following two essential tools:
1.) Quality Needles
2.) Quality Yarn
Beginners are recommended to start with acrylic yarns, cotton yarns, or Peruvian wool yarns, either in the DK or Aran weight. Therefore, unless you have enough
What is the Best Knitting Kit for Beginners?
The Boye Yarn Knitting for Beginners Kit is considered the best knitting kit for beginners. This kit comes with all the accessories that you will need to finish your projects. Also, the kit allows users to create personalized projects using yarns of their choice.
What Should a Beginner Knitter Buy?
If you do not have much experience with knitting, you may be confused by all the knitting tools and accessories sold at the stores. These stores sell so many types of yarns and needles, such that you might be tempted to go wild and buy every fancy tool you see.
However, as an absolute beginner, you only require a few supplies to start your projects. These essential tools are:
> A sewing needle
> Knitting needles or crochet hooks for crocheters
> A pair of scissors
What is the Easiest Thing to Knit for a Beginner?
If you are an absolute beginner in crafting, you will, of course, have to start with the easiest projects. The five most recommended projects for beginners are obligatory scarfs, shawls, ponchos, baby blankets, and cowls. These knitting items are not just easy, but they also take the shortest time possible, making them ideal for beginners.
Are Knitting Kits Worth it?
Yes! Knitting kits are absolutely worth it! These tools are the best learning tools for beginners, whether they are knitting kits for adults or kids knitting kits. The patterns and beginner projects that knitting kits offer will make your crafting journey more fun and worthwhile.
What is a Good First Knitting Project?
The most recommended first knitting project for beginners is the scarf. What makes the scarf a classic choice for first knitting is that scarves require very simple garter stitches. Most scarves made using scarf knitting kits don’t even need any patterns for the garter stitches. Their simplicity makes them an ideal first knitting project for beginners.
What Should a Beginner Crochet?
Even with a knitting kit for beginners, you can still do some crocheting projects. If you are a beginner in crocheting, you can begin with simple tasks, such as necklaces, coasters, dishcloths, granny squares blankets, or a basic beanie.
Do you wish to learn knitting or don’t know how to crochet? Not sure where to begin? Well, don’t let all the knitting supplies and accessories sold in stores overwhelm you. All you need to do is get one of the above ten best