Knitting has become one of the most popular hobbies around the world because it lets people create something and relax by doing it. However, it could be difficult for first-timers to try to find the right equipment to do it.
The main instrument of the Knitters is the knitting needles, but there are too many kinds of needles, and for people who are begging in the knitting world choose the perfect needles can be very hard. Also, there are different kind of cables that is necessary to connect to the needles because not all the needles are interchangeable. For this reason, it is necessary to know how many tools and accessories you may need to start a knitting project and how to use it.
Besides, according to the material and purpose you have, you can buy different needle set to realize your project and that suits the budget you have. You do not have to worry because the market has lot of good needles for knitting. You can easily find a good one for you. For this reason, we bring you here the best knitting needles to use you can choose the needle that adapts better to the things you want to do.
13 Best Knitting Needle Sets reviews
In this section you will get the idea with pros and cons of different price ranges interchangeable knitting needle sets. What are those. Let’s scroll below.
Best High-End interchangeable Knitting Needle Set Reviews
For those who are looking for something eye-catchy high end knitting needle sets, you can consider any of the below (sl no 01 to 05).
1. Addi Basic Interchangeable Knitting Needles Circular System - Best Choice
The first high-end knitting needle set in our top is from Addi. This is a German set created by GUSTAV SHELTER GmbH & Co which includes 1 Needle with a basic interchangeable system, 10 White bronze tips of different size that go from 4 to 15, 3 Blue nylon SOS cords, 1 Click connector,1 Addi Grip,1 Addi needle gauge, and 1 Artsiga Crafts Project Bag.
The Addi needle set has great quality and offers to the customers a lifetime warranty. In this way, it does not matter if you have problems with the tips of the needles at the time of connecting or disconnecting them, you just need to call them, and they give you a full replacement. You can acquire this set below 150 $.
People love the Addi set because the yard slides easily for the needles and the cords are so flexible that do not limit the knitting. Besides, its click connector lets the knitters extend the cord when they are doing a big project. Its bronze finish gives this set an impeccable look and makes it more resistant to corrosion.
- Lifetime warranty.
- The cords do not kink for their flexibility.
- The case is very versatile with a high-quality zipper.
- Take time to discover how to connect the needle and the cord.
- The locked position is hard to get.
2. ChiaoGoo Interchangeable Knitting Needles
One of the best knitting needles brands on the market is ChiaoGoo which brings us this incredible set with 13 interchangeable needles from 2 to 15 size, 3 small needles cables, and 3 large needle cables. To the make, the thing easier to the knitters include 2 cord keys, and as a special touch, this kit includes 24 stitch markers of different sizes (mini, small, medium, and large).
This is a complete knitting needle set that lets the knitters organize their needles in the case to forget about losing them, but it also has a beautiful print. Besides, the needles are very light at the time to use, and its use does not result exhausting to the knitters, and the cables have an incredibly high resistance.
- High resistance cables to you can do even the toughest and most complicated projects without fear.
- Useful to big and small projects.
- Lightweight that makes this kit easy to handle and does not tire the hands.
- Needles a little bit sharp, and this makes that when the knitters do a project the needles can engage in the yarn.
- Do not count on instructions to know how to connect the cables properly.
3. Cocobolo Wood Interchangeable Knitting Needles Set
Many people want to get into the knitting world, learn how to do it, and create incredible things, however, they do not know exactly which needle sets to buy. In this way, the best knitting needles to start with are the cocobolo needles set US 4-11.
This is a very elegant set manufactured in wood with a very soft surface and a great finish. The entire set includes 9 pairs of needles tips that you can interchange with size from 4 to 11. Besides, 7 black cables and connectors all packaged in a grab box with all the accessories. The cost of this knitting needles set is usually a little bit high, nearly 100 $.
- The relation of price-quality is very good.
- Easy to use, and connect the cables.
- Elegant styles and light to hold.
- Cocobolo set does not include a typical zippered fabric case to save the needles and protect them. For this reason, the customer has to buy an extra case to move the needles.
4. CLOVER Takumi Combo Interchangeable Circular Knitting Needles
Takumi needles are one another best bamboo knitting needles on the market of Japanese origin. CLOVER Takumi combo has a customized case to storage the 12 interchangeable needles for different sizes from 3 to 15 and 5 cords of different sizes to the knitters can adjust to the combination and project they want.
A plus features that make of these needles one of the best is their tapered tip which is made to perfection and specially manufactured to give to your projects a silky sensation. This is because the yard slides softly and smoothly with every single stitch. Besides, all the needles and the cords come packaged in a sober case with tight garters to the needles do not move off this place and you can lose some needle.
- The light color of the bamboo let knitters watch the stitches perfectly independent of the color of the yarn.
- Flexible and resistant cords.
- Tips with longer tread to avoid the tip unscrew by accident.
- The kit includes instructions to the first-timers who do not have any problem.
- The set does not count with a key to tighten the connections.
- The kit does not work to make socks and ace because it does not count with needles smaller than 3.25mm.
5. TP1195 Carry C Interchangeable Bamboo Knitting Needle Set
The knitting world is very relaxing because it allows us to create new things and let all our creativity out. For this reason, if you are looking for good knitting needles set that are easy to carry on to everywhere do you want and create thousands of beautiful projects, the Tulip needle set is the best option for you. Below 200 $ this set includes 11 pairs of needles with sizes from 3 to 15 and 3 cables with an extender. All the set is contained in a beautiful case very glamorous.
- Compact design lets you take your needles with you all the time to make your projects.
- The length of the cable offers you a big versatility for your projects.
- The cables usually twist a little bit.
Best Mid-Range Interchangeable Knitting Needle Set
In this section we are going to review some of the best mid range knitting needle set, which price ranges between $50 to $100.
6. Knitters Pride Dreamz Deluxe Interchangeable Knitting Needle Set
Within the Mid-Range knitting needle sets, there are cheap knitting needles that people can acquire without spending a lot of money and also create the projects of their dreams. This is the knitter’s pride Dreamz deluxe interchangeable needle set cost below 100 $, and it includes 9 tips of different colors according to the size which goes from 4 to 11. Besides, it also has 4 different cords, and it is a great option for first-timers.
- Beautiful color that let users find the needle they are needing without a problem.
- It is easy to learn how to use it, for this reason, it is a good option for first-timers.
- Slowly slide surface.
- The cable might be twist during usage.
7. Knit Picks Options Wood Interchangeable Knitting Needle Set
The needles set of Knit Picks has 9 pairs of tips with a beautiful design full of majestic colors. Besides, it includes 4 cables which are very simple to connect to the tips. This set offers you to ensure the tip has the perfect tight.
Knit Picks needles set is a great option for beginners because needles have the right sharp to the yard grip to the needle even with the slicks yarns. This set costs under 70$, an incredible price for the quality and quantity of pieces that offer.
- The needles are made of wood so those are easy to hold and do not slip or stick as needles of other material.
- Needles are light and easy to carry on.
- Due to its design, it is difficult to see the stitches in most of their varieties. The only one which serves to dark yarn is the sunstruck design.
- The yarn does not slip easily over the needles what can be annoying to expert knitters.
8. Knitter's Pride KP150301 Ginger Deluxe Interchangeable Knitting Needles Set
Below 100 $ you can buy this portable deluxe interchangeable needles set with 13 pair of needles from 4 to 17 size and 6 cords of 24”, 32”, and 40”, all packaged in a beautiful and elegant case in denim with a sober color beige that adds to the set a soft touch.
Besides, the set includes 12 end caps, 6 cord keys, 1 set of magnets, 20 stitch markers, 1 pen, and 1 set of cable connectors. It is a very versatile needle set and it includes a pair of 17 needles that almost no other brand offers it. In this way, there is no job you cannot do with this needle set from socks to hats, you can do anything with Knitter’s Pride needles.
- The different sizes of the needles make it useful for every knitting.
- The case count with a section to put the pattern of your knitting and can watch it at the same time you have the needles and tools at your fingertips.
- The size of each needle and metal part of the needles is inscribed, which never rubs off.
- The size 3 needle is a little bit fragile.
- The cords get tangled up in the case.
Best Inexpensive knitting needle set
9. Looen 37pcs Aluminum Circular Knitting Needles Set with Ergonomic Handles
The best knitting needles do not need to be expensive to be good, and within this group of needles that you can buy a good price and get great quality, there are the Looen knitting needles set. Under 35$ you can get 13 pairs of aluminum needles, 4 circular wire cable, and 10 stitch markers of different colors to watch them better.
As a plus tool, this kit includes little scissors very useful at the time to finish a project. Besides, all the pieces of the set are package in a beautiful pink case to keep all your needles and knitting tools in order.
- The needles are soft and light, perfect for people with arthritis because it does not hurt the fingers.
- The bright colors of the needles allow watching the stitches without any problem.
- With the pass off the time the color of the needles goes away.
- The stitches slide very easily through the needles for the material of the surface.
10. RELIAN 36 Pcs 18 Sizes Single Pointed Bamboo Knitting Needles Set
In this case, Relian offers to knitter the possibility to buy a set with 18 pairs of bamboo needles plus 18 pair of circular needles together just under 27$. Also, the kit has two kinds of needles ones with plastic tubes of different colors and others with wooden stopper to avoid the stitches leak of the needle.
One of the best things about this kit is the accessories because it comes in a case with separations to they do not mix it all. Within these accessories, are include stitch markers, yarn needles, cable stitch holders, and more.
- It is perfect for people who want to start knitting.
- The different sizes of the needles allow you to make a big variety of projects.
- The needles have tiny slivers that difficult the knitting.
- The plastic tubes come off the needles when people pull harder.
11. Exquiss Knitting Needles Set-18 Pairs 18 Sizes Bamboo Circular Knitting Needles
This is another amazing kit of bamboo from Exquiss with 18 pairs of needles with color plastic tubes and 18 pairs of pointed needles. Also, it includes a kit with multiple tools to make of your knitting experience the best of all as 24 Locking Stitch Makers, 12 plastic pins, 16 needles point protectors, and other things.
People usually prefer this kit for its lightness and easy way to use. It does not require too much knowledge to determine how to use it which makes it very intuitive. Besides, all the knitting tools that include making it easier to first-timers learn how knitting.
- Its price is very low for all the tools and pieces that offer it.
- The straight needles are very soft and let the yarn slides smoothly.
- With complicated and hard projects, the connection between the needle and the tube can break.
- The blades of the yarn cutter come out of the case and become a potential risk of suffering injuries.
12. Knit Picks Options Wood Interchangeable Knitting Needle Set - US 4-11
Within the best inexpensive knitting needles sets, one of the best interchangeable knitting needles we can find in the market is the set of Knit Picks. These set comes in a vinyl case with a basic snap-shut closure that contains 9 pairs of wood needle tips perfectly organized from 4 to 11. Also, it includes 4 purple cables, 2 tightening keys, and 8 purple end caps.
People love this set to use it in projects with dark yarn because they can watch perfectly every stitch. Its cables are very flexible and do not have memory, which means that they are going to move with every move of your needles without a problem. Most important function of these needles are that the number of the size of the needles is grabbed in the metal part of it, and you are not going to suffer to guess the size of the needles.
- The yard does not snag to the needles or the cables while the person is knitting.
- The light color of the bamboo needles is perfect for light yarn projects
- The yarn can snag in the joint between the wood and the metal.
- It is difficult to see the light yarn for the color of the needle tips.
13. Knit Picks Options 2-3/4" Short Tip Interchangeable Wood Knitting Needle Set
The final needle set in our list is from Knit Picks options 2-3/4 and it includes 7 pairs of wood needles tips from 4 to 10. The special thing about this kit is its size because it has 2-3/4 inch and this makes it perfect to take it to the trips and little projects.
The set also includes other accessories as 2 green cables of 16”,4 green end caps, and 2 cable keys in a practical vinyl case. The most remarkable feature of the cables is its flexibility without memory easy to connect to the needles and perfect to use in magic laces. Besides, the most beautiful of the needs is its color that adds an elegant touch to the needles. The Caspian color of the needles is inspired by oceanic waves of green.
- Perfect to make socks projects.
- These needles let the knitters do their projects quicker than with bamboo needles.
- The needles set only works with 16” cables.
- For men knitter, this kit could be too small.
Best Knitting Needles for Beginners Buying Guide
Through this buyer guide you are going to clear all your doubts you have about the knitting needles and you are going to able choose the best knitting needles, accessories and tools of the market, and give to all your projects a professional touch.
Type of Knitting Needles
Despite most of the knitter first-times think, there are not too many types of needles. Actually there are 3 different types of knitting needles: circular, straight, and double-pointed. According to the kind of project you want to start and your likes, you can choose the needle that adjusts better.
The circular needles have their name because the needles are connecting with cables one to each other. This needle is used to knit in a spiral or in a continuous way without stop, but it does not mean you cannot use these needles as straight needless because you also can use them to knit back and forth. The most important is to check the connections of the needles with the cables because it has to be smooth to do not snag in the stitches, this is an important feature of best quality circular knitting needles.
The straight needles are very simple in design, but it can vary enough about the materials. The lengths of the straight needles are very different according to the project you want to start. If you have thought of a big project, the straight is going to be longer.
Finally, the double-pointed needles are characterized for having a point in both ends, but unlike other sets that include just 2 needles, the double pointed needles have 4 or 5 needles. On the other hand, the function of these needles is similar to the circular needles, and they are used to make small tubes as sleeve cuffs.
Benefits of Hand Knitting
Like a lot of hobbies, knitting has too many benefits to your health. First of all, knitting is used to reduce stress because it is a process that requires patience. Besides, according to researches knitting process increase the levels of serotonin that is known as the happiness hormone, and this release happens for the repetitive and rhythmic movement that knitting involves.
Another of the benefits of knitting is its help with the motor functions because it influences every lobe of the brain, and also help the child to make their fine motor skills better. Also, knitting is recommended to patients with arthritis because the movement of the fingers for the knitting works like therapy to decrease the pain. Besides hand knitting, machine knitting at home is also enjoyable .
How to choose the best knitting needles?
It is normal for the people who want to start knitting to ask themselves what are the best knitting needles to buy? However, there is not an only question because of the kind of knitting needles you can choose vary of the project do you want to do. If your hands tire easily with the weight of the needles of bamboo, the best knitting needles you can choose are the aluminum. Otherwise, if your projects need more strength, you cannot choose aluminum needles because they can fold it. For this reason, knowing the best knitting needles to choose depends totally on your projects, budget, and likes.
How to Cast On Knitting Needles?
Cast on knitting needles is very easy to do, you just need to follow a few tips.
- For a single cast on first, you have to slide the knot over the needle.
- Second, you have to create a loop around your thumb.
- Third, you must put up and down the needle around the loop you already create around your thumb.
- Fourth and last, you have to move the thumb and pull of the yarn. After you make this process, you only have to repeat the process since the second step until you already have all the stitches.
Which type of knitting needles are best?
According to the project you want to start, different types of knitting needles are best. Based on the size of the needles, you can use 1 to 5 US needles to create baby clothes, socks, and laces. To create afghans and sweaters you can use needles of 5 to 9 US. However, to create hats, scarves, and rugs you need a size of needles bigger like 9 to 11 US. The final size of needles that comes to 17 US and onwards is used to big projects as winter clothes. However, if you have a special condition as arthritis, you also have to consider the material of the needles to choose the lightest.
Are bamboo or metal knitting needles better?
Knitting needle materials can make a difference to get the success of your knitting project. If you are a beginner, it is better the bamboo needles because the yarn does not slide over the needles. This is very important because while you get used to the needles and gain skills these needles are going to give you the confidence to make your projects. The metal needles are perfect for experts because they are lighter than bamboo needles and allow the yarn to move easily and quickly.
Are bamboo knitting needles good?
Most people prefer bamboo knitting needles because offer them more characteristic than other materials. With bamboo knitting needles people feel a warm sensation while they are knitting which is better than the cold sensation of the metal needles. Besides, with the bamboo needles, the stitches do not slip constantly. Also, for all the people who thing always to save the planet and use just recyclable materials and renewable found of sources, the bamboo knitting needles are the best for you. On the other way, if you are looking strong needles to make a project which needs to be a little bit rude, the bamboo needles have the structure you are looking for.
What size knitting needles for beginners?
The size of knitting needles is crucial for beginners because it gives them enough comfort to create their projects. The knitting process has to be relaxing and the movement is naturals. For this reason, the better size to the beginners is medium as 6, 7, and 8 to can hold the needles with strength and confidence. On the other hand, it is not only important the width because the length also influences to the naturalness of the process. The perfect length to start is 10 inches because in this way you are going to be able to handle the yarn.
Which knitting needles are best for beginners?
The beginners find so many possibilities in the market for their projects. This complicates the process to choose the needles. Besides, it is hard to do not fall on the fake offers and get needles of bad quality. For this reason, it is important to look as much information as we can. For beginners, one of the best choices of the market is the Knit Picks Options Wood Interchangeable Knitting Needle Set – US 4-11 (Mosaic) because the yarn never slips for these needles.
The knitting is an amazing hobby, profession, and a way to express our creativity through the yarn. There is nothing more satisfactory than creating something for ourselves and more if we think in to create something special to our family and beloved.
All at least once we have received a knitted gift from a close relative that is full of the warmth of love. For this reason, too many people want to learn how knitting and how to use needles, accessories, and tools. However, it can be complicated to understand this activity, and this is the reason why we bring you the best options and advice so you can start to enjoy this amazing activity and learn more about the knitting world is waiting for you.