Knitting has become one of the most popular hobbies around the world because it lets people create something and relax by doing it. However, it could be difficult for first-timers to try to find the right equipment to do it.
The main tool requires for a knitting enthusiast is the knitting needles, but there are a wide range of needles, and for people who are begging in the knitting world choose the perfect needles can be very hard. Also, there are different kinds of cables necessary to connect to the needles because not all the needles are interchangeable. For this reason, it is necessary to know how many tools and accessories you may need to start a knitting project and how to use it.
Besides, according to the material and purpose you have, you can buy different needle sets to realize your project and suit the budget you have. You do not have to worry because the market has a lot of good needles for knitting. You can easily find a good one for you. For this reason, we bring you here the best knitting needles to use; you can choose the needle that adapts better to the things you want to do.
13 Top Rated knitting Needles Set Reviews
Best High-End interchangeable Knitting Needle Set Reviews
Those who are looking for something eye-catchy high-end needles can consider the below models(SL no 01 to 05).
1. Addi Basic Interchangeable Knitting Needles Circular System - Best Choice
The first high-end luxury needle in our top is from Addi. Lots of knitting needle brands available in the market. Addi is popular among all of them. This is a German set created by GUSTAV SHELTER GmbH & Co which includes 1 Needle with a basic interchangeable system, 10 White bronze tips of different size that go from 4 to 15, 3 Blue nylon SOS cords, 1 Click connector,1 Addi Grip,1 Addi needle gauge, and 1 Artsiga Crafts Project Bag.
These best quality knitting needles offer the customers a lifetime warranty. It does not matter if you have problems with the needles’ tips at the time of connecting or disconnecting them, you need to call them, and they give you a full replacement. You can acquire this set for 150 $.
All the experienced knitters love the Addi set because the yarn slides easily for the needles and the cords are so flexible that they do not limit the knitting. Besides, its click connector lets the knitters extend the cord when they are doing a big project. Its bronze finish gives this set an impeccable look and makes it more resistant to corrosion.
- Lifetime warranty.
- The cords do not kink for their flexibility.
- The case is very versatile with a high-quality zipper.
- Take time to discover how to connect the needle and the cord.
- The locked position is hard to get.
2. ChiaoGoo Interchangeable Needles.
One of the best knitting needles brands on the market is ChiaoGoo, which brings us this incredible set with 13 interchangeable needles from 2 to 15 sizes, three small needle cables, and three large needle cables. To make the thing easier for you, include two cord keys, and as a special touch, this kit contains 24 stitch markers of different sizes (mini, small, medium, and large).
This is a complete set of stainless steel needles that lets the knitters organize their needles to forget about losing them, but it also has a beautiful print. Besides, the needles are very light at the time to use, and their use does not result in exhaustion to the knitters, and the cables have incredibly high resistance.
- High resistance cables to you can do even the toughest and most complicated projects without fear.
- Useful to big and small projects.
- Lightweight that makes this kit easy to handle and does not tire the hands.
- Needles a little bit sharp, and this makes that when the knitters do a project the needles can engage in the yarn.
- Do not count on instructions to know how to connect the cables properly.
3. Cocobolo Wood Interchangeable Needles.
Many people want to get into the knitting world, learn how to do it, and create incredible things; however, they do not know exactly which knitting needles to buy. The cocobolo wooden needles US 4-11, are cool to start with.
This is an exquisite set manufactured in wood with a very soft surface and an excellent finish. The entire set includes nine pairs of needles tips that you can interchange with sizes from 4 to 11. Besides, seven black cables and connectors are all packaged in a grab box with all the accessories. The cost of this needle set is usually a little bit high, nearly 100 $.
- The relation of price-quality is very good.
- Easy to use, and connect the cables.
- Elegant styles and light to hold.
- Cocobolo set does not include a typical zippered fabric case to save the needles and protect them. For this reason, the customer has to buy an extra case to move the needles.
4. CLOVER Takumi Combo Needles.
Takumi needles are another best bamboo knitting needles on the market of Japanese origin. CLOVER Takumi combo has a customized case to storage the 12 interchangeable needles for different sizes from 3 to 15 and 5 cords of different sizes to the knitters can adjust to the combination and project they want.
A plus feature that makes these unique needles is their tapered tip, which is made to perfection and specially manufactured to give your projects a silky sensation. This is because the yard slides softly and smoothly with every single stitch. Besides, all the needles and the cords come packaged in a sober case with tight garters to the needles do not move off this place, and you can lose some needle.
- The light color of the bamboo let knitters watch the stitches perfectly independent of the color of the yarn.
- Flexible and resistant cords.
- Tips with longer tread to avoid the tip unscrew by accident.
- The kit includes instructions for the first-timers who do not have any problem.
- The set does not count with a key to tighten the connections.
- The kit does not work to make socks and ace because it does not count with needles smaller than 3.25mm.
5. TP1195 Carry C Bamboo Needles.
The knitting world is very relaxing because it allows us to create new things and let all our creativity out. For this reason, if you are looking for good knitting needles set that are easy to carry on to everywhere do you want and create thousands of beautiful projects, the Tulip wood needles set is the best option for you. Below 200 $ this set includes 11 pairs of needles with sizes from 3 to 15 and 3 cables with an extender. All the set is contained in a beautiful case very glamorous.
- Compact design lets you take your needles with you all the time to make your projects.
- The length of the cable offers you a big versatility for your projects.
- The cables usually twist a little bit.
Best Mid-Range Interchangeable Knitting Needle Set
In this section, we are going to review some of the best mid-range needle set, which price ranges between $50 to $100.
6. Knitter's Pride Dreamz Needle.
Within the Mid-Range colorful knitting needles sets, there are cheap knitting needles that people can acquire without spending a lot of money and also create the projects of their dreams. This is the knitter’s pride deluxe needle which you can get under 100 $, and it includes 9 tips of different colors according to the size which goes from 4 to 11. Besides, it also has 4 different cords, and it is a great option for first-timers.
- Beautiful color that let users find the needle they are needing without a problem.
- It is easy to learn how to use it, for this reason, it is a good option for first-timers.
- Slowly slide surface.
- The cable might be twist during usage.
7. Knit Picks Options Wood Needle.
The needles set of Knit Picks has 9 pairs of tips with a beautiful design full of majestic colors. Besides, it includes 4 cables which are very simple to connect to the tips. This set offers you to ensure the tip has the perfect tight.
Knit Picks needles set is a great option for beginners because needles have the right sharp to the yard grip to the needle even with the slicks yarns. This set costs under 70$, an incredible price for the quality and quantity of pieces that offer.
- The needles are made of wood so those are easy to hold and do not slip or stick as needles of other material.
- Needles are light and easy to carry on.
- Due to its design, it is difficult to see the stitches in most of their varieties. The only one which serves to dark yarn is the sunstruck design.
- The yarn does not slip easily over the needles what can be annoying to expert knitters.
8. Knitter's Pride KP150301 Ginger Deluxe Needles.
Below 100 $ you can buy this portable interchangeable needles set with 13 pair of needles from 4 to 17 size and 6 cords of 24”, 32”, and 40”, all packaged in a beautiful and elegant case in denim with a sober color beige that adds to the set a soft touch.
Besides, the set includes 12 end caps, 6 cord keys, 1 set of magnets, 20 markers, 1 pen, and 1 set of cable connectors. It is a very versatile needle set and it includes a pair of 17 needles that almost no other brand offers it. And, there is no job you cannot do with this needle from socks to hats, you can knit almost everything with Knitter’s Pride needles.
- The different sizes of the needles make it useful for every knitting.
- The case count with a section to put the pattern of your knitting and can watch it at the same time you have the needles and tools at your fingertips.
- The size of each needle and metal part of the needles is inscribed, which never rubs off.
- The size 3 needle is a little bit fragile.
- The cords get tangled up in the case.
Best Inexpensive knitting needle set
9. Looen 37pcs Aluminum Needles Set with Ergonomic Handles.
The best knitting needles do not need to be expensive to be good, and within this group of needles that you can buy at a good price and get great quality, there are the Looen needles set. Under 35$ you can get 13 pairs of aluminum needles, 4 circular wire cables, and 10 stitch markers of different colors to watch them better.
As a plus tool, this kit includes little scissors very useful at the time to finish a project. Besides, all the pieces of the set are package in a beautiful pink case to keep all your needles and knitting tools in order.
- The needles are soft and light, perfect for people with arthritis because it does not hurt the fingers.
- The bright colors of the needles allow watching the stitches without any problem.
- With the pass off the time the color of the needles goes away.
- The stitches slide very easily through the needles for the material of the surface.
10. RELIAN 36 Pcs 18 Sizes Single Pointed Bamboo Needles.
In this case, Relian offers knitter the possibility to buy a set with 18 pairs of bamboo needles plus 18 pairs of circular needles together, just under 27$. The kit also has two kinds of needles with plastic tubes of different colors and others with a wooden stopper to avoid the needle’s stitches.
One of the best things about this kit is the accessories because it comes in a case with separations, so they do not mix it. Within these accessories, are include stitch markers, yarn needles, cable stitch holders, and more.
- It is perfect for people who want to start knitting.
- The different sizes of the needles allow you to make different types of projects.
- The needles have tiny slivers that difficult the knitting.
- The plastic tubes come off the needles when people pull harder.
11. Exquiss Set-18 Pairs 18 Sizes Bamboo Needles.
This is another amazing kit of bamboo from Exquiss with 18 pairs of needles with color plastic tubes and 18 pairs of pointed needles for circular knitting. Also, it includes a kit with multiple tools to make your knitting experience the best of all as 24 Locking Stitch Makers, 12 plastic pins, 16 needles point protectors, and other things.
People usually prefer this kit for its lightness and easy way to use. It does not require too much knowledge to determine how to use it, making it very intuitive. Besides, all the knitting tools include making it easier for first-timers to learn how to knit.
- Its price is very low for all the tools and pieces that offer it.
- The straight needles are very soft and let the yarn slides smoothly.
- With complicated and hard projects, the connection between the needle and the tube can break.
- The blades of the yarn cutter come out of the case and become a potential risk of suffering injuries.
12. Knit Picks Options Interchangeable Wood Needle.
This knit pick needle set is the best inexpensive knitting needle set, we can find in the market. This set comes in a vinyl case with a basic snap-shut closure that contains 9 pairs of wood needle tips perfectly organized from 4 to 11. Also, it includes 4 purple cables, 2 tightening keys, and 8 purple end caps.
People love this set to use it in projects with dark yarn because they can watch perfectly every stitch. Its cables are very flexible and do not have memory, which means that they are going to move with every move of your needles without a problem. The most important function of these needles is that the needle size number is grabbed in the metal part of it, and you are not going to suffer to guess the size of the needles.
- The yard does not snag to the needles or the cables while the person is knitting.
- The light color of the needles is perfect for light yarn projects.
- The yarn can snag in the joint between the wood and the metal.
- It is difficult to see the light yarn for the color of the needle tips.
13. Knit Picks Options 2-3/4" Short Tip Interchangeable Wooden Needle.
The final needle set in our list is from Knit Picks options 2-3/4”, and it includes seven pairs of wood needle tips from 4 to 10. This kit’s special thing is its size because it has 2-3/4 inch, making it perfect for taking on trips and little projects like sock knitting.
The set also includes other accessories as two green cables of 16”, four green end caps, and two cable keys in a practical vinyl case. The cables’ most remarkable feature is their flexibility without memory, easy to connect to the needles and perfect to use in magic laces. The most beautiful of the needs is its color that adds an elegant touch to the needles. The Caspian color of the needles is inspired by oceanic waves of green.
- Perfect needles for sock making projects.
- These needles help to do knitting projects faster than other needles.
- The needles set only works with 16” cables.
- For men knitter, this kit could be too small.
Knitting Needles for Beginners Buying Guide
Through this buyer guide, you are going to clear all your doubts you have about knitting needles, and you are going to able to choose the best knitting needles, accessories, and tools on the market and give all your projects a professional touch.
Type of Knitting Needles
Despite most of the knitter first-times think, there are not too many types of needles. There are three different types of knitting needles: circular, straight, and double-pointed. According to the kind of project you want to start and your likes, you can choose the needle that adjusts better.
The circular needles have their name because the needles are connecting with cables one to each other. This needle is used to knit in a spiral or in a continuous way without stop, but it does not mean you cannot use these needles as straight needless, because you also can use them to knit back and forth. The most important is to check the needles’ connections with the cables because it has to be smooth to do not snag in the stitches; this is an important feature of the best quality circular knitting needles.
The straight needles are very simple in design, but it can vary enough about the materials. The lengths of the straight needles are very different according to the project you want to start. If you have thought of a big project, the straight is going to be longer.
Finally, the double-pointed needles are characterized for having a point in both ends, but unlike other sets that include just two needles, the double pointed needles have 4 or 5 needles. On the other hand, these needles’ function is similar to the circular needles, and they are used to make small tubes as sleeve cuffs.
Benefits of Hand Knitting
Like a lot of hobbies, knitting has too many benefits to your health. First of all, knitting is used to reduce stress because it is a process that requires patience. Besides, according to the research knitting process, the levels of serotonin are known as the happiness hormone, and this release happens for the repetitive and rhythmic movement that knitting involves.
Another benefit of knitting is its helps with motor functions because it influences every lobe of the brain and helps the child make their fine motor skills better. Also, knitting is recommended to patients with arthritis because the fingers’ movement for the knitting works like therapy to decrease the pain. Besides hand knitting, machine knitting at home is also enjoyable.
How to choose the best knitting needles?
It is normal for the people who want to start knitting to ask themselves what are the best knitting needles to buy? However, there is no only question because of the kind of knitting needles you can choose from the project you want to do. If your hands tire easily with bamboo needles’ weight, the best needles you can choose are aluminum. Otherwise, if your projects need more strength, you cannot choose aluminum needles because they can fold it. For this reason, knowing the best knitting needles to choose from depends totally on your projects, budget, and preference.
How to Cast On Knitting Needles?
Cast on knitting needles is very easy to do; you just need to follow a few tips.
- For a single cast on first, you have to slide the knot over the needle.
- Second, you have to create a loop around your thumb.
- Third, you must put up and down the needle around the loop you already create around your thumb.
- Fourth and last, you have to move the thumb and pull of the yarn. After you make this process, you only have to repeat the process since the second step until you already have all the stitches.
Which type of knitting needles are best?
According to the project you want to start, different types of knitting needles are required. Based on the needles’ size, you can use 1 to 5 US needles to create baby clothes, socks, and laces. To create afghans and sweaters, you can use needles of 5 to 9 US. However, to make hats, scarves, and rugs, you need bigger needles like 9 to 11 US. The final size of needles that comes to 17 US and onwards is used for big projects as winter clothes. However, if you have a special condition as arthritis, you also have to consider the needles’ material to choose the lightest.
Are bamboo or metal knitting needles better?
Knitting needle materials can make a difference to get the success of your knitting project. If you are a beginner, the bamboo needles are better because the yarn does not slide over the needles. This is very important because while you get used to the needles and gain skills, these needles will give you the confidence to do your projects. The metal needles are perfect for experts because they are lighter than bamboo needles and allow the yarn to move easily and quickly.
Are bamboo knitting needles good?
Most people prefer bamboo needles because they offer them more characteristic than other materials. With bamboo needles, people feel a warm sensation while knitting, which is better than the metal needles’ cold sensation. Besides, with the bamboo needles, the stitches do not slip constantly. Also, for all the people who thing always to save the planet and use just recyclable materials and renewable sources, the bamboo knitting needles are the best for you. On the other hand, if you are looking for strong needles to do a project that needs to be a little bit rude, the bamboo needles have the structure you are looking for.
What size knitting needles for beginners?
The size of the needles is crucial for beginners because it gives them enough comfort to create their knitting projects. The knitting process has to be relaxing, and the movement is naturals. Thus, the best size for beginners is medium as 6, 7, and 8 to hold the needles with strength and confidence. On the other hand, the width is important because the length also influences the process’s naturalness. The perfect length to start is 10 inches because you will be able to handle the yarn in this way.
Which knitting needles are best for beginners?
The beginners find so many possibilities in the market for their projects. This complicates the process of choosing the needles. Besides, it is hard not to fall on the fake offers and get needles of bad quality. For this reason, it is important to look at as much information as we can. For beginner knitter, one of the best choices on the market is the Knit Picks Options Wood Interchangeable Needle Set – US 4-11 (Mosaic) because the yarn never slips for these needles.
Knitting is a fantastic hobby, profession, and a way to express our creativity through yarn. Nothing is more satisfying than creating something for ourselves and more if we think in to create something special for our family and beloved.
All at least once, we have received a knitted gift from a close relative that is full of the warmth of love. Too many people want to learn how to knit and use needles, accessories, and tools. However, it can be complicated to understand this activity. This is why we bring you the best options and advice to start enjoying this great activity and learn more about the knitting world is waiting for you.