When you begin your
However, counting rows can be quite confusing at times. Even those who have more knitting experience still forget to count rows or lose themselves in the process. It is recommended that you use a
So what exactly is a knitting row counter, and which ones should you use? Read on to find out!
What is a Row in
Before you can start counting your rows, you need to understand what a row is in
Best Reviewed Row counter for
Considering all the types of knitting row counters available in the market, finding the right and most efficient one can be quite daunting. However, we’ve done all the work for you and compiled the top 10
1. KTRIO Metal Hand Tally Counter
The KTRIO Metal Hand Tally Counter counts up to a maximum of 9999 rows. The counter does not need batteries to function; it only works with mechanical parts. Therefore, you need not worry about electrical power when using this tally counter.
This mechanical tally counter also features a durable metal case and a sturdy, smooth surface. The incorporated ring wraps perfectly around the finger, ensuring that the counter stays firm and secure in the hand. More so, as a quality guarantee, the KTRIO hand tally counter package comes with a 100% satisfaction assurance.
2. KTRIO Pack of 6 Color Hand Tally Counter
- Easy to Use: Our tally counter can count to 9999 as maximum figure (Please Note: this counter Cannot Subtract Number). Only few clockwise rotations of the reset knob are needed to reset. Powerful...
- No Batteries Required: With no battery loaded, our clicker counter works with purely mechanical structure, displaying 4 digits accurately. No need to worry about the power source anymore. Time to...
- Lightweight & Durable Materials: Endowed with ABS plastic case, our pitch counter feels smooth and comfortable besides the lightweight and portability it shows. Sturdy and multifunctional finger ring...
- Wide Application: Any occasion you would require a counter such as Sports Coaching, Knitting, Crocheting, Children Education, Fishing, Events, Warehouse, School & Office, etc.
- Quality Guarantee: Each piece of KTRIO tally counter is guaranteed with 100% satisfaction assurance. Any issues related to product quality please feel free to contact us for a full refund or...
The KTRIO Pack of 6 Color row counter is built using lightweight materials. Therefore, knitters can comfortably use the row counter without getting tired quickly. The tally counter is also endowed with an ABS plastic counter, which feels very smooth and comfortable.
KTRIO Pack of 6 colors has no batteries loaded and does not require electrical power to function. The fact that it functions only with its mechanical parts makes it very eco-friendly. Also, the high-quality materials used to make the machines guarantee their durability and longevity.
3. Clover Knitting Stitch Counter Mini Kacha Kacha
- Pendant style counter
- For tracking knitting stitched and rows
- Pictured neck cord is not included
The Clover row counter is 6.2 inches × 2.8 inches × 0.5 inches (height by length by width). It is built using high-quality plastic material. The plastic material is what makes the stitch counter highly durable.
Also, being only 0.04 pounds, the
4. Susan Bates Universal Knit Count
- Universal knit count
- Great for circular and double point knitting
- Fits needles US 0 to 15 (2mm to 10mm)
The SUSAN BATES crochet counter is a universal type of knit counter. This means that it can be used with different types of knitting needles. Its compatibility is because the row counter hangs from a ring.
SUSAN BATES row counter for
5. Knitter’s Pride Row Counter
- Knitter's Pride Row Counter Ring-Size 10: 19. 8mm Diameter
- Package length:3.5"
- Package width:2.6"
- Package height:1.0"
The Knitter’s Pride row counter is designed with a ring size of 8mm in diameter. The rings run about half-size small and can be easily worn while
One significant advantage of the Knitter’s Pride row counter is that it allows two separate counters to move independently. More so, the motion of the two number rings is easy and very smooth. The movement also produces enough resistance that keeps it in place during
6. Digi TC-895 Digital Tally Counter
- Counts with two counters independently in the same display (Can also be reset independently)
- Count up with the two buttons in the middle by default. Switch to subtraction mode anytime to subtract the count from each counter
- Shows sum or difference of the two counters anytime for easy comparison
- Low power consumption and long battery life due to its auto sleep feature.
- Light weight, easy to use, perfect for counting attendance, laps run, game scores, or any activities which need tallying.
The TC-895 digital row counter features two tally counters in its structure. Both of these tally counters can be operated separately yet in the same display. The +/- modes included in the structure can be easily switched to enable the row counter to count either up or down.
Also, this row counter for
7. CLOVER 336 Knitting Counter Kacha-Kacha
- The Country of Origin: Japan
- The Package Length of the Product is: 2.9"L
- The Package Width of the Product is: 2.1"W
- The Package Height of the Product is: 0.3"H
The Clover 336 Knitting Counter Kacha-Kacha is very easy to use. All that a knitter must do is push the counter’s tip every time they complete a row or stitch. Every push of the counter’s tip advances the count. The row counter counts from 0 to a maximum of 99.
Clover 336 model is built using high-quality plastic material. It has a lightweight design, weighing only 0.05 pounds. The lightweight design makes it very portable, such that knitters can use it anywhere and for any occasion.
8. Number Row Stitch Markers Crochet or
The Number Row stitch marker can be used for both crocheting and knitting projects. It is used to mark the end chain of crochet projects and groups of rows on the sides of knitted projects when working in the round.
The crochet stitch counter is designed with a silver-plated lever that fits different yarn sizes, including chunky and bulky yarns. The stitch markers are also lined with a soft, cotton batting on the surface, making them smooth and comfortable on the hands.
9. Woniutch Electronic Tally Counter
- TURN OFF SOUND：HOLD DOWN THE BUTTON +/- UNTIL THE COUNTER BEEPS , RELEASE YOUR HANDS IMMEDIATELY, IT WILL BECOME SILENT. IF YOU WANT THE COUNTER BEEP AGAIN, DO THE SAME STEPS.
- 4-digit LCD display, counter registers to 9999.( Not for counting negative numbers)
- Pocket-size and come with neck lanyard. Size: 2.5 in. x 1.34 in. x 0.6 in.
- Count anything and everything with ease and simplicity. Keep track of attendance, baseball pitch count, car parking tally, and anything that requires counting.
- What you get: One counters (battery included) and one free replacement battery (Battery type AG13)
The Woniutch Electronic tally counter features a 4-digit LCD display that clearly shows row count data. It has a small size of 2.5 inches x 1.34 inches x 0.6 inches, such that it can be fit perfectly in the pocket during
The electronic tally counter is also designed with a neck lanyard. Hence, knitters can comfortably hang it around their necks during
10. UEETEK Manual
Knitting Stitch Row Crocheting Counter
- This item is a very handy tool for every stitcher and avid crocheter who need to keep keep count of stitches and rows, and this little gadget comes in quite handy, especially if you have to stop...
- A nice tool for your knitting work,make your handwork more easily
- Great little tool that saves finding a pen and paper to count to track row, stitch and pattern counts
- Lightweight and portable, easy to carry.
- Material: Plasti;Size: Approx. 7*4.3*1 cm/2.8*1.7*0.4 inch（L*W*H)
If you intend to make your handwork easier, the UEETEK manual counter is just the row counter you need. This counter is built using lightweight plastic material, making it very portable and easy to carry around.
The plastic used to make the row counter is also of high quality. Hence, you can rest assured that the UEETEK manual row counter can provide you excellent service for extended periods.
How to Count Rows in
With a row counter for
Identify the row that is just above the cast-on. Ignore all the stitches on your needle, as well as the bottom cast-on row; these do not count. Begin counting from this row. Then, finish counting on the row that is just below your circular needles.
Look for V-shapes in your knit project. Each V you find is a knit stitch in a row. Therefore, you can count your rows by counting these V-shapes. Note that you should always count the V’s from the bottom of your
How to Use the
Knitting Row Counter
Knit row and stitch counters are beneficial tools in
Each time you complete a row of
How do you Keep Track of your Rows in
You start counting the first stitch, the second stitch, the third one, and all seem to be going on well until you reach the tenth stitch, then you can’t tell whether it is the ninth or the tenth stitch. Many of us have found ourselves in such a similar situation.
Keeping track of your rows repeats in
Ø Keep a tally – When you are not using your row counter, you can keep track of your rows by tallying them with a piece of paper and pen/pencil.
Ø Place a stitch marker after every ten rows – This strategy is ideal for larger projects that involve many rows. Placing a stitch marker after every ten rows will help you keep accurate track of your knit rows.
Indeed, counting rows is just as easy as it sounds. Yet, it is even made easier and effortless with a knitting row counter machine. Therefore, wait no more and get yourself one of the ten best-reviewed