Do you love needlework? Indeed, needlework projects are some of the most beautiful items in the world. If you regularly engage in
To produce a neat and beautifully crafted project, you need to use the right tools for the work. One of the tools you will need for handcrafting is the tapestry needle. They are not only easy to use for your hours of stitching job, but they also allow you to stitch faster and keep stitches tight.
This article provides useful information on what a tapestry needle is, its function, and which needles you should buy. Read on!
What Is a Tapestry Needle?
A tapestry needle is a short, hand-sewing needle used for performing a wide variety of craft techniques. This basic tool usually has a blunt point and a long eye. The long eye accommodates fabrics and threads with a greater thickness than the ordinary yarns and sewing threads.
Tapestry needles are also designed long enough such that they can accommodate embroidery projects or crochet thread. There are even larger tapestry needles that can accommodate bulky yarns. These needles are used for craft techniques such as cross-stitch,
Review of 10 Best Tapestry Needles for Cross-Stitch
There are a lot of brands of tapestry needles available in the market. The following are the ten best tapestry needles you should consider buying:
1. Yarn Needle Tapestry Needle
- Dimension - 2 ¾ inches long. 8-PACK knitting needles and crochet needles of size 16 in 4 colors.
- Curved tip - The bent tip tapestry needle is easier to hook under rather than the straight metal needles. Durable and lightweight. It's much easier to get in and around stitches to hide tails...
- Large eyes - These bent darning needles for knitting is much stronger than plastic darning needles. The holes of these darning needles kids are big enough for threaders to thread thick yarns easily...
- Transparent box - A storage box comes with the bent tip tapestry needle. It's helpful, safe and light, convenient to carry.
- Vivid color - The color of darning needles are bright, and easy to find them. Add great attraction to your project.
The Needle is 2.75 inches long. It features a curved needle tip, which makes it easier to hook under. Also, the needle is very lightweight, such that it can be passed in and around stitches with great ease.
The tapestry needles package comes enclosed in a light, transparent box which can be carried very easily. The package also includes colorful darning nickel-plated varieties needles. The bright colors of these darning needles make it easy to identify and find them when crafting.
2. LAMXD (Wool Needles) Tapestry Needle
- ★Curved tip - The bent tip tapestry needle is easier to hook under rather than the straight metal needles. Durable and lightweight. It's much easier to get in and around stitches to hide tails...
- ★The aluminum bent tip tapestry needle is easier to hook under rather than the straight metal needles. It is much stronger durable than plastic yarn needles.
- ★Package: 6pcs Jumbo Bent Tapestry Needles
- ★Steel Material: This sturdy and durable material can serve you a long period, smooth edges make it easier to stitch, they are painted with vivid color, which let you enjoy needlework projects.
- ★Applications: Delicate appearance will cater to craft lover, an ideal gift to friends, family and people who like DIY, it works well in the sewing knitting yarn needlework crafts.
This bent tip tapestry needle is easier to hook under, which can create a clean finish with no messy finishing ends, saving you time! This kit comes with 6 needles in various sizes, so you always have the right needle when you need it most. The size Jumbo Bent Tapestry Needles steel material of these needles makes them perfect for any project big and small. With gradient colors that are easy on the eyes, stitch all day and night worry-free.
3. Jumbo Bent Tapestry Needle
- 【8 Pcs Sewing Yarn Needles】Needle set including 8 Pcs jumbo bent tapestry needle/blunt needles steel yarn knitting needles; Vibrant color(COLOR RANDOM). A little helper in your crochet project.
- 【Needles with Curved Tip】Blunt tip needles curved tip which is easier to hook than the straight steel needles,saving you a lot of time. Our darning needles in vibrant colors are certain to become...
- 【Multipurpose Use】The large tapestry sewing needle suitable for crocheting, sewing, threading, quilt, embroidery knit, needlework, craft etc. Warm Tips: The bent tip tapestry needle is easier to...
- 【Come with Storage Container】These blunt knitting needles are packed in a clear bottle, easy and convenient to carry and store, so they don't get lost. Great useful in sewing knitting projects.
- 【Premium Material】The large eye bent tip tapestry needle made of steel, durable and lightweight. Knitting Sewing Needle set is an essential accessories in your sewing set
The Jumbo Bent Tapestry Needle package includes eight pieces of yarn needles for your everyday stitching. Each of these needles has its own unique(gold-plated and platinum-plated needle), vibrant color, which makes it easier to identify them. The needles can be used for different projects, such as
The blunt tips of the tapestry needles are curved. Hence, it is easier to hook using these needles than with straight needles. The needles are packed in a clear bottle, which can be quickly and conveniently carried anywhere.
4. Bohin Tapestry Hand Needles
- Package Dimensions: 0.508 H x 8.128 L x 3.555 W (centimeters)
- Package Weight: 0.022 pounds
- Country of Origin : France
Bohin is the best known cross stitch needle brand and popularly known by needle crafters. These needles are designed with a blunt point. This blunt point makes them most suitable for use on canvas. The needles are also very lightweight, with the package having a net weight of 0.022 pounds.
This fantastic tool hand needles package includes six tapestry needles. These come in a wide variety of sizes, such that they can be used for all tapestry stitching needs. The needles have large eyes and are also highly durable.
5. YKLbpd Large-Eye Blunt Sewing Needle
- Value Blunt Needle Set：This blunt needle set includes 5 pieces 7cm/2.8 inch, 5pieces 6 cm/ 2.4 inch, 5 pieces 5.4 cm / 2.0 inch blunt needles, to satisfy you different needs of knitting art, super...
- Widely Used：These crochet stitches are great for knitting and crocheting projects to knit the ends and stitch the seams. They can also be used to repair jute carpets or repaired vinyl upholstery and...
- Easy to handle: with extra long eye, Blunt needle and thick shaft, the stitching needles are easy to thread yarn through even without a threader Blunt needle,Won't hurt your fingers
- Wide application: In addition to sewing leather, these big eye needles can also be used for other knitting, such as embroidery, sewing, cross stitch, etc.
- Large eye hand needles: these needle with large eye is easy to thread by hand even for a person with poor eye sight and poor coordination with her hands
The Large Eye Blunt Sewing Needle set comes with 15 pieces of tapestry needles. These needles are in three different sizes: 2.8 inches, 2.4 inches, and 2.0 inches. Therefore, you will always have a tapestry needle for all your crafting art projects with this set.
The YKLbpd tapestry needles are ideal for knitting ends and stitching seams. The extra-long needle, thick shaft, and blunt tip make it easy for ordinary sewing thread to use these stitching needles, regardless of whether they are coarse fabrics, light fabrics, or heavy fabrics. Also, the large eye-hand needles make it possible for people with poor eyesight to use them comfortably.
6. Yarn Needle, Bent Needle Tapestry Needle Set
- ✅16 Pcs Tapestry Needle Set -- 12 PCS metal blunt eye needles,3 PCS wool needles, and 1 PCS ergonomic handle crochet hooks needles (size:3.5mm). Reminder: The color of the crochet handle is random,...
- ✅Steel Material -- Darning needles is made of alloy，this sturdy and durable material can serve you a long period, smooth edges make it easier to stitch, they are painted with vivid color, which...
- ✅Large-eye Design -- All the bent needles are in the design of long and big eye holes, allowing different sizes of woolen yarn to go through, the whole process will become easier, efficient, and...
- ✅Bent Tip Tapestry Needles -- The bent tip tapestry needle is easier to hook under rather than the straight metal needles. It's much easier to get in and around stitches to hide tails completely,...
- ✅Handy for a Knitter -- We have specially added a lightweight and durable crochet hook with a smooth handle, making the whole kit more suitable for knitting. It is an ideal gift for friends, family,...
The Yarn Needle, Tapestry Needle set includes three pieces of wool needles, 12 pieces of metal needles including a gold-plated needle, and one crochet hook. The darning needles are built using steel-alloy material, which makes them very durable and sturdy.
The smooth edges of the needles make it easy to stitch. Also, the needles are painted with bright colors, making it easier to identify them. Their large-eye designs allow for different sizes of yarn to go through very smoothly.
7. Tapestry Needles
- TAPESTRY Hand Sewing Needles - good for craft and crochet projects
- VALUE FOR MONEY: includes 15 tapestry needle for knitting
- EASY TO HANDLE: extra long eye, blunt tip thick shaft
- QUANTITY: 15 pcs tapestry needles sizes: 2", 1.8", 1.5"
- FOR HANDHELD USE : each big eye blunt needle is made of high quality stainless steel, rust resistant and is durable
The Tapestry Hand Sewing Needles package comes with 15 tapestry needles of three different sizes, that is, 2 inches, 1.8 inches, and 1.5 inches. The different sizes make the needles ideal for crafting, weaving, and crocheting projects that use handmade fabrics.
Also, these tapestry needles are designed with a blunt tip, extra-long eye, and thick shaft. They are constructed from high-quality stainless steel material, which makes them highly durable and rust-resistant.
8. Large Eye Blunt Sewing Needles
- TAPESTRY Hand Sewing Needles - good for knitting and crochet projects
- VALUE FOR MONEY: includes 9 Blunt Steel Needles
- EASY TO HANDLE: Extra long eye, blunt tip thick shaft
- QUANTITY: 9 Pcs Blunt Yarn Needles Size 2", 2.3", 2.7"
- FOR HANDHELD USE : Each Big Eye Blunt Needle is made of high quality Stainless steel, rust resistant and is durable
Large Eye Blunt Sewing Needles set includes nine pieces of tapestry needles. These
The blunt tips and extra-long eyes of the tapestry needles make them very easy and comfortable to use. The blunt needles are made of stainless steel, ensuring that the needles neither rust nor break easily.
- Well Packed -- Coming with 12 pieces yarn knitting needles, and 2 piece of plastic storage box, the box is giving to you to store and hold the needles and other small items, keeping inner things safe...
- Bent Needles Size -- The sewing needles each 7cm in length. The bent tip tapestry needle is easier to hook under rather than the straight metal needles. It's much easier to get in and around stitches...
- Steel Material -- this sturdy and durable material can serve you a long period, smooth edges make it easier to stitch, they are painted with vivid color, which let you enjoy needlework projects.
- Big Eyes For Easy Threading -- It features a long and big eye hole, allowing different sizes of woolen yarn to go through, the whole process will become easier and save time.
- Easy To Use -- Tapestry needles are absolute necessities for finishing your knitting and can be used for everything from weaving in ends to sewing seams together. The bent, blunt needle tip lends ease...
Each tapestry needle for
10. Tapestry Needles Five Sizes
- 5 Different sizes of needles include tapestry needles size 14, 16, 18, 20, 24 and meet your different DIY requirements.
- Includes 25 pieces of steel cross stitch needles - five pcs of each size and large eye needles threader.
- Tapestry needle with a large eye. These blunt needles are easy to thread.
- Good needlepoint needles set in needle case. One clear plastic bottle convenient to carry and store.
- Use these darning needles for crochet, needlepoint, cross-stitch, decorative stitching, and other craft projects.
As the name suggests, this tapestry needle set comes with needles of five different sizes. The largest needle size is 24, while the smallest needle is size 14. The package includes 25 pieces of needle variations for cross stitch projects, which can be used for all projects, from crocheting basic stitching to decorative stitching.
The blunt tips and large eyes of the tapestry needles make them easy to thread. Also, they come in clear plastic storage, which provides the right storage place for the needles and makes it easier to carry them.
How to Choose a Tapestry Needle
For knitting and crocheting projects, use the smallest tapestry. These little needles can accommodate the yarn or thread that you are working with. Also, avoid using huge tapestry needles on dainty thread crocheting projects, as these tend to create big holes, making the fabric wider than intended.
Use the larger needles only if you use fibers that don’t fit comfortably through the needle eye. Also, do not use tapestry needles that are too small, since these can easily waste canvas and linen or even damage your fiber, which in turn ruins your entire project in the long run.
Tapestry Needle Sizes
There are different sizes of tapestry needles. The wide variety of lengths makes it possible for crafters to carry out various projects comfortably. These tapestry needle sizes can be categorized as large sizes and small sizes.
Also, most of the tapestry needles are numbered. These numbers can be used to determine the size of the needles. The larger needles have smaller numbers, while the smaller needles have larger numbers. Also, note that a larger weave means a smaller fabric count and vice versa.
Type Of Needle
There are two types of tapestry needles:
- Bent tip tapestry needles – These needles are ideal for
knittingand crocheting projects. They make it possible to grab one stitch at a time, eliminating the need to pull on them when lifting the needle.
- Curved tapestry needles – These tapestry needles ensure that the distance between stitches is always even. They are also ideal for projects that use plastic canvas and perforated paper.
Uses of Tapestry Needles
Tapestry needles are the best needles for cross stitching or embroidering on different crochet stitches. They are also known as cross stitch needles. These needles ensure that the project is always on an even grid and the lines are maintained straight.
It is also used for plastic canvas projects. These crafts do not require any piercing or brushing with a sharp tip. Hence, tapestry needles make the ideal tools to use for these canvas projects.
Are Tapestry Needles the Same as Embroidery Needles?
Tapestry needles are quite different from embroidery needles. For instance, while tapestry needles have blunt tips, embroidery needles have very sharp points that move easily through the fabric. Also, embroidery needles tend to be thinner than tapestry needles.
What Size Tapestry Needle do I Need?
Although there are different sizes of tapestry needles, the most commonly used are sizes 24 and 26. Sizes 24 and 26 are especially ideal for tapestry cross stitch. However, when using size 28 needles, such as on 36 count fabric, ensure that you only use a single strand of floss to prevent breaking the needle eye.
What is a Tapestry Needle Used for?
Tapestry needles are used for fancy stitching, both crocheting and knitting projects. In these projects, the needles are used to join pieces of fabric together, change the color of yarn, and ensure secure weaving of the weaving yarn end.
What can I Use Instead of a Tapestry Needle?
As an alternative to tapestry needles, crafters can also use crochet yarn needles. Yarn needles and tapestry needles are very similar, such that most crafters even use these interchangeably. Therefore, crochet yarn needles make the perfect alternative for tapestry needles.
Is a Tapestry Needle the Same as a Darning Needle?
Similar to a tapestry needle, a darning needle has large eyes and blunt tips. The only difference between the two types of needles is that darning needles tend to be longer than tapestry needles.
Choosing a tapestry needle can be a daunting challenge, especially for beginners. However, this well-researched guide can help you select the best tapestry needles. So, invest in one of the above best tapestry needles and make your crafting journey an enjoyable one.