$59.99 ($0.03 / Foot)
When it comes to selecting yarn, there are endless options that are available! This can all be a bit overwhelming when you are new to
When it comes to selecting the best yarn for your Addi
Types of Yarn
There is a wide range of different types of yarns that are used for
The different types of yarn can be divided into 3 main categories:
1. Animal Fiber-based Yarns
As the name suggests, these types of yarns are directly obtained from animals. Examples of yarns in this category include; Merino wool, Cashmere, Silk, and Angora. The most common animal fiber-based yarn is wool. Its warmth and durability are what make it such a popular option.
2. Plant Fiber-based Yarns
Featuring fibers derived directly from plants such as flax, hemp, and other plants, plant fiber-based yarn is perfect for knitters and craftspeople who want to reduce their environmental footprint while creating unique designs. Plus, plant fiber-based yarns are incredibly strong, soft to the touch, and highly resistant to fading – making them ideal for projects that need long-lasting quality results. They include yarns such as hemp, cotton, and bamboo.
3. Synthetic Fiber Yarns
Synthetic fibers have an added advantage over other natural fibers. These types of yarns are not only more durable but can also be easily dyed into a wide range of colors. More so, synthetic fibers are usually more water-resistant, stretchier, and highly stain-resistant than other types of fibers. This is why most people prefer synthetic fibers to natural fibers.
What Can You Make With An Addi
Types of Addi
There are 2 different models of Addi
You can find detailed reviews of the Addi machine here.
Review of the best yarn for addi
The following is my review of the top 7 best yarn for Addi
1. 100% Baby Alpaca Yarn
- Absolutely scratch-free and snugly soft baby alpaca knitting yarn in a practical 10.58 oz (300g) set - 35+ different colors
- 100 percent BABY ALPACA YARN - Pure natural fiber. Wonderfully soft, super easy to work with and extraordinary temperature-compensating capabilities and insulating properties
- YARN WEIGHT DK - 10.58 ounces (300g) yarn Set - 6 x 1.76 ounces balls (50g), each 109,4 yd long (100m) long. Needle size 3-6/ 3.93 in x 3.93 in (10x10cm) = 32 rows x 24 stitches
- USAGE - you need about 17.64 oz (500g) yarn for a size 6 ladies sweater. Handwash only
- EXTREMELY LIGHT & SOFT soft baby alpaca fibers provide silky-soft wearing comfort. Alpaca wool is very versatile, so it’s ideal for making snuggly sweaters, shawls, hats and much more besides!
The 100% Baby Alpaca yarn contains one of the softest and finest fibers available in the market. Its extremely fine nature is what makes it a one-of-a-kind type of
- This is an extremely light yarn, weighing only 10.58 ounces (0.4 kg). Therefore, it is an ideal size for
knittingbaby clothes and scarves.
- It is scratch-free, which makes it safe for babies.
- The 100% baby alpaca yarn is very easy to work with.
- The yarn has insulating properties, hence can be used for making snug sweaters.
- One ball of the 100% Baby Alpaca yarn is sold at $10, which is quite expensive.
- Some parts of the yarn have an uneven thickness.
2. ZuzuHobby Acrylic Yarn
The ZuzuHobby Acrylic Yarn is ranked as one of the best yarns for multi-purpose use. It can be used for all types of Addi
- The ZuzuHobby Acrylic yarn package comes rolled up. Knitters can, therefore, begin using it immediately after receiving it.
- It is a very soft yarn, ideal for making baby blankets, tablecloths, scarves, and hats, among other therapy
- The longer yarns provide users with smooth color changes for the larger sections.
- The yarn does not contain a center pull.
3. Elann Esprit Yarn
The larger conent of the Elann Esprit yarn is made using cotton fiber. Since cotton is a soft fabric, projects knitted using this yarn tend to feel comfy and cool on the skin. The Esprit yarn has been an all-time favorite yarn for most knitters since 2003. It is mainly used for
- The yarn package is very generous, including 10 balls in each package.
- The yarn can be easily hand-washed.
- Its lightweight design makes it ideal for sporting clothes
- The yarn packages have been known to arrive short of the 10 balls every so often.
4. Caron Simply Soft Paints Yarn
- Gauge: 4 - MED, 100Percent Acrylic
- Crochet gauge: 13 sc and 14 rows with a 5 mm (U. S. H/8) crochet hook
- Knitting gauge: 18 sts and 24 rows with a 5 mm (U. S. 8) knitting needle
- 5 oz/141 gm, 250 yds/228 M
- Care: machine wash and machine dry
Just as the yarn name implies, the Caron yarn is a very soft yarn. It offers knitters a wide range of paintbox shades to choose from. Hence, with the Caron Yarn, knitters can get as creative with colors as they wish. It can be used for all Addi
- The yarn can be easily washed and dried by either hand or machine.
- The projects made using the Caron yarn display a lustrous sheen.
- Unlike the variegated yarns, the Caron yarn includes dimensional colors.
- The included sections of color, before each color change, are very short. This makes it hard for users to find the right Addi
knittingmachine with different stitches.
- The knots tend to easily get loose.
5. Caron One Pound Solids Yarn
- Caron One Pound yarn is perfect for a variety of knit and crochet projects like accessories, garments, home décor, baby and kids patterns.
- One Pound skein is economical, with excellent yardage – one skein makes four scarves!
- 100% Acrylic
- Gauge: 4 - med Worsted
- Crochet Gauge: 12 sc and 13 rows with a 5 mm (U.S. H/8) crochet hook
When it comes to yarn value, the Caron One Pound yarn holds the top position. This is a worsted bulky weight yarn. It usually comes in a wide range of colors and shades, making it an ideal yarn for all types of
- The excellent yardage of the Caron One Pound yarn makes it very economical. For instance, a single skein of yarn can make up to 4 scarves.
- The yarn can be conveniently washed and dried by hand or machine.
- The 39 included shades of color provide users with endless opportunities to knit projects.
- The long strand of the Caron One Pound yarn may consist of knots.
- The ratio of the amount of yarn contained in each skein is not as accurate.
6. (Set of 3) 100% Baby Alpaca Yarn DK #3
- [ Naturally warm, soft, caring, fun and enjoyable! ] Our 100% Baby Alpaca skeins are untangled from start to finish. Alpaca fiber is a luxury fiber that offers the best natural thermal protection and...
- [ Highest quality ] True premium quality 100% Baby Alpaca yarn / DK-Light Worsted weight works beautifully for baby garments, shawls, scarves, hats, sweaters and many other projects you have in mind.
- [ Specifications ] Weight category #3 DK. Approximately 328 yards/300 meters total, 109.36 yards/100 meters per skein. 5.29 ounces/150 grams total, 1.76 ounces/50 grams per skein. US needle size...
- [ Sustainable and Cruelty-Free] sustainable & environmentally friendly, our skeins are made from the finest alpaca wool that is shorn from alpacas once a year with the greatest of care, a necessary...
- [ Satisfaction guaranteed ] you'll love the soft, warm, feel of our 100% baby alpaca yarn, but for whatever reason you may return the product no questions asked within 90 days.
The purple 100% baby alpaca yarn comes in a generous set of 3. This luxurious and soft
- The alpaca yarn features antimicrobial and hypoallergenic properties, which makes it an ideal yarn to use for making baby clothes.
- It has moisture-wicking properties
- The purple 100% baby alpaca yarn is very environmental-friendly and they ensure they take good care of both animal and human health.
- After consistent use of garments made using this purple yarn, the yarn begins to shed.
7. Lotus Blend
The Lotus Yarns company has specialized in the art of dyeing both woolen and worsted spinning. The Lotus Blend
- The cotton content in the Lotus Blend yarn makes it possible to knit warm and soft items, such as sweaters and scarves.
- Unlike other chemical fibers, this yarn features high-quality thermal insulation and good flexibility.
- The soft texture of the yarn makes it ideal for
- Even after several washes, the Lotus Blend yarn still maintains its incredible sheen and color.
- The yarn is relatively thin.
Best Yarn for Addi
Knitting Machine – Buying Guide
If you are looking to buy the best yarn for multi-purpose use, or even for specific use in your Addi circular
First, remember that not every type of
On the other hand, if you are an advanced knitter, buy either natural fiber yarns or fine cotton yarns. These types of fine yarns are not very stretchy, hence can at first prove challenging to
Factors to Consider When Buying Yarn for Addi
When it comes to the actual buying of the best yarn for the Addi
1.) Dye Lots
When buying multiple skeins of
2.) Variegated Yarns
If a particular type of yarn is variegated, then there should be a warning label on it. Look out for these warning labels before buying your
3.) Yarn Fiber
Before you can make a yarn purchase ensure that the fiber content of the yarn matches the
4.) Yarn thickness
You can use nearly all types of weight yarns in your Addi
5.) Yarn Weight
Suitable yarn weight is an important factor as it will affect the tension of the Addi
How Do Addi
Knitting Machines Work?
To use an Addi
What Are Some Good Yarn Brands?
The most popular good yarn brand is the Red Heart, also commonly referred to as ‘America’s Favorite Yarn.’ Red Heart is a trusted company that offers a wide selection of yarn colors and types to choose from. Red Heart yarns are usually sold both online and in craft stores. Other good yarn brands are Mrs. Moon, Erica Knight, Fyberspates Limited, Love Crochet, and Wool and the Gang.
What’s The Best Yarn To Use For Knitting A Scarf?
The best yarn for scarves is Acrylic yarn. This is a very soft type of yarn, which makes it ideal for knitting scarves. A good example of an acrylic yarn that you can use to knit scarves on your Addi knitting
machine is the Caron Simply Soft.
What Is The Best Knitting Yarn For Baby Clothes?
Acrylic yarn is also the best choice of yarn for knitting
baby clothes. Unlike cotton yarns which tend to be hard and stiff, acrylic is usually very soft and safe for the baby.
What’s The Difference Between Knitting And Crocheting?
In the knitting process, loops are formed using a single pair of long, with the stitches being held on the needles. On the other hand, crocheting hooks the loops onto the piece of fabric using a single hook.
Which Is Easier: Knitting Or Crocheting?
While both knitting and crocheting use similar yarns to make projects, knitting is much easier to learn than crocheting. This is because; while crocheting is done using multiple stitches that resemble smaller knots, knitting is done using only 2 stitches. The 2 stitches used in knitting
are the purl stitch and the knit stitch.
Can I Use Machine Knitting Yarn To Hand Knit?
Yes, you can easily use machine knitting yarn to hand knit. And, especially the machine silk and linen yarn blends make very beautiful hand-knit projects.
So, the next time you are looking to buy yarn for your Addi circular
|Product Image||Product Name||Price / Primary Button|
Still undecided on which Yarn is the best for you? Check out our bonus pick from Love Crafts – their Baby Alpaca Wool is 80% Baby Alpaca 20% Silk and comes in an awesome range of pastel colors.