We recommend using a medium worsted weight yarn. Those yarns on Light colors tend to best ones because you can clearly see where you have stitched and then you will have beautiful results.
There are good amount of yarns you can choose to start your knitting, for example, we have, Acrylic is not a natural fiber, but it is a good yarn to start, you can get dolls or clothes of good quality. Its main advantage is its price. It is cheaper than cotton, and to learn it is a good option. Another cool option is Wool, it tends to be the best yarn for Addi knitting machine because it is super stretchy and smooth.
Types of Yarn
There are very many different types of yarns that are used for knitting. However, if you are to ensure that you knit the exact pieces of fabric that you envisioned, then you need to choose the right type of yarn. To do that, you have to first understand the different types of yarns that exist.
The different types of yarn can be divided into 3 main categories, namely;
1. Animal Fiber-based Yarns
As the name suggests, these types of yarns are directly obtained from domestic animals. Examples of yarns in this category include; Merino wool, Cashmere, Silk, and Angora. The most common animal fiber-based yarn is wool. Its great warmth and durability is what makes it popular in the market.
2. Plant Fiber-based Yarns
These yarns are sourced directly from plants. They include yarns such as hemp, cotton, and bamboo.
3. Synthetic Fiber Yarns
Synthetic fibers have an added advantage over other natural fibers. These types of yarns are not only more durable but can also be easily dyed into a wide range of colors. More so, synthetic fibers are usually more waterproof, more stretchy, and highly stain-resistant than other types of fibers. This is why most people prefer synthetic fibers to natural fibers.
What Can You Make With An Addi Knitting Machine?
Addi circular knitting machines can be used to make a wide range of products. Some of the most common Addi knitting machine projects that you can make include scarves, boleros, pieced sweaters, gloves, woolen hats, mittens, socks, afghan and trendy skirts. The smaller the item being knitted, the lesser the time that will be taken to complete knitting.
Types of Addi Knitting Machine
There are 2 different models of Addi knitting machine available in the mrket.
- Addi Express King size Knitting Machine
- Addi Express Professional Knitting Machine
Detail reviews of Addi machine is here.
Review of the Best Yarn for Addi Knitting Machine
The following are 7 of the best-reviewed yarns for Addi knitting machine sold in the market;
1. 100% Baby Alpaca Yarn
- Absolutely scratch-free and snugly soft baby alpaca knitting yarn in a practical 10.58 oz (300g) set - 35+ different colors
- 100 percent BABY ALPACA YARN - Pure natural fiber. Wonderfully soft, super easy to work with and extraordinary temperature-compensating capabilities and insulating properties
- YARN WEIGHT DK - 10.58 ounces (300g) yarn Set - 6 x 1.76 ounces balls (50g), each 109,4 yd long (100m) long. Needle size 3-6/ 3.93 in x 3.93 in (10x10cm) = 32 rows x 24 stitches
- USAGE - you need about 17.64 oz (500g) yarn for a size 6 ladies sweater. Handwash only
- EXTREMELY LIGHT & SOFT soft baby alpaca fibers provide silky-soft wearing comfort. Alpaca wool is very versatile, so it’s ideal for making snuggly sweaters, shawls, hats and much more besides!
The 100% Baby Alpaca yarn contains one of the softest and finest fibers available in the market. Its extremely fine nature is what makes it a one-of-a-kind type of knitting yarn. The baby alpaca fibers used to make this yarn have a fineness exceeding that of 22.5 microns. Due to their silky-soft aspect, the 100% Baby Alpaca yarn is the best yarn for scarves and baby clothes.
- This is an extremely light yarn, weighing only 10.58 ounces (0.4 kg). Therefore, it is an ideal yarn size for knitting baby clothes and scarves.
- It is scratch-free, which makes it safe for babies.
- The 100% baby alpaca yarn is very easy to work with.
- The yarn has insulating properties, hence can be used for making snugly sweaters.
- One ball of the 100% Baby Alpaca yarn is sold at $10, which is quite expensive.
- Some parts of the yarn have an uneven thickness.
2. ZuzuHobby Acrylic Yarn
- Yarn Weight: 1 Super Fine/Light Fingering Meterage/weight: 2187 yd (2000 m) /15 oz (430 gr)
- Approx.Gauge-24sts.x34rows = 10cm.sq.on 4 (3.5mm) needles in st.st.
- Craft type: Crochet, Hand Knitting, machine knitting
- Maisie is a super soft acrylic yarn, with a smooth color change in length of large sections
- Combination of 3 layers and 3 smoothly flowing colors in long sections
The ZuzuHobby Acrylic Yarn is ranked as one of the best yarn for multi-purpose use. It can be used for all types of Addi knitting machine projects. The yarn is designed with 3 strands of super fineness. When winding, these 3 strands are usually held together, such that they do not twist or spin together.
- The ZuzuHobby Acrylic yarn package comes rolled up. Knitters can, therefore, begin using it immediately after receiving it.
- It is a very soft yarn, ideal for making baby blankets, tablecloths, scarves, hats, among other therapy knitting clothes.
- The longer yarns provide users with smooth color changes for the larger sections.
- The yarn does not contain a center-pull.
3. Elann Esprit Yarn
The larger content of the Elann Esprit yarn is made using cotton fiber. Since cotton is a soft fabric, projects knitted using this yarn tend to feel comfy and cool next to the skin. The Esprit yarn has been an all-time favorite yarn for most knitters since 2003. It is mainly used for knitting socks, bikinis, summer tops, and other bathing suits.
- The yarn package is very generous, including 10 balls in each package.
- The yarn can be hand washed very easily.
- Its lightweight design makes it ideal for sporting clothes
- Sometimes the yarn packages may arrive short of the 10 balls.
4. Caron Simply Soft Paints Yarn
- Gauge: 4 - MED, 100Percent Acrylic
- Crochet gauge: 13 sc and 14 rows with a 5 mm (U. S. H/8) crochet hook
- Knitting gauge: 18 sts and 24 rows with a 5 mm (U. S. 8) knitting needle
- 5 oz/141 gm, 250 yds/228 M
- Care: machine wash and machine dry
Just as the yarn name implies, the Caron yarn is a very soft type of yarn. It offers knitters with a wide range of paintbox shades to choose from. Hence, with the Caron Yarn, knitters can get as creative with colors as they wish to. It can be used for all Addi knitting machine projects, such as home decor and fashion.
- The yarn can be easily washed and dried by either hand or machine.
- The projects made using the Caron yarn display a lustrous sheen.
- Unlike the variegated yarns, the Caron yarn includes dimensional colors.
- The included sections of color, before each color change, are very short. This makes it hard for users to find the right Addi knitting machine different stitches.
- The knots tend to easily get loose.
5. Caron One Pound Solids Yarn
- Caron One Pound yarn is perfect for a variety of knit and crochet projects like accessories, garments, home décor, baby and kids patterns.
- One Pound skein is economical, with excellent yardage – one skein makes four scarves!
- 100% Acrylic
- Gauge: 4 - med Worsted
- Crochet Gauge: 12 sc and 13 rows with a 5 mm (U.S. H/8) crochet hook
When it comes to yarn value, the Caron One Pound yarn holds the top position. This is a worsted bulky weight yarn. It usually comes in a wide range of colors and shades, making it an ideal yarn for all types of knitting projects.
- The excellent yardage of the Caron One Pound yarn makes it very economical. For instance, a single skein of yarn can make up to 4 scarves.
- The yarn can be conveniently washed and dried by hand or machine.
- The 39 included shades of color provide users with endless opportunities to knit projects.
- The long strand of the Caron One Pound yarn may consist of knots.
- The ratio of the amount of yarn contained in each skein is not as accurate.
6. (Set of 3) 100% Baby Alpaca Yarn DK #3
- [ Naturally warm, soft, caring, fun and enjoyable! ] Our 100% Baby Alpaca skeins are untangled from start to finish. Alpaca fiber is a luxury fiber that offers the best natural thermal protection and...
- [ Highest quality ] True premium quality 100% Baby Alpaca yarn / DK-Light Worsted weight works beautifully for baby garments, shawls, scarves, hats, sweaters and many other projects you have in mind.
- [ Specifications ] Weight category #3 DK. Approximately 368 yards/337 meters total, 122 yards/112 meters per skein. 5.29 ounces/150 grams total, 1.76 ounces/50 grams per skein. US needle size...
- [ Sustainable and Cruelty-Free] sustainable & environmentally friendly, our skeins are made from the finest alpaca wool that is shorn from alpacas once a year with the greatest of care, a necessary...
- [ Satisfaction guaranteed ] you'll love the soft, warm, feel of our 100% baby alpaca yarn, but for whatever reason you may return the product no questions asked within 90 days.
The purple 100% baby alpaca yarn comes in a generous set of 3. This luxurious and soft knitting yarn feels like silk on the skin, unlike the wool yarn which may at times feel itchy. Also, the purple baby alpaca yarn provides the best thermal protection, which makes it one the best yarn for sweater making.
- The alpaca yarn features antimicrobial and hypoallergenic properties, which makes it an ideal yarn to use for making baby clothes.
- It has moisture-wicking properties
- The purple 100% baby alpaca yarn is very environmental-friendly and ensures the good care of animal and human health.
- After consistent use of garments made using this purple yarn, the yarn begins to shed.
7. Lotus Blend Knitting Yarn
- ✔ 1 order includes 5 balls of yarns which is 250g. If you need different colors of yarns, please leave us the color number so that we can arrange for you the right yarns.
- ▷ Cashmere Blended Yarn, 90% cotton 10% cashmere, 100% natural fiber yarn.
- ▷ Yardage: Total of 5 balls, 875yards(800), 8.8oz(250g); Suggested needle: 3.25-3.75mm; Dosage reference: female(500g), male(600g), children(350g).
- ▷ The mercerization process gives the yarn incredible color and sheen which last through multiple wash cycles.
- ▷ Ideal for all your ever versatile Fingering weight patterns for sweaters afghans hats gloves shawls scarves and other accessories.
The Lotus Yarns company has specialized in the art of dyeing both woolen and worsted spinning. The Lotus Blend knitting yarn is developed using blends of both natural and luxurious synthetic fibers, such as cotton and cashmere.
- The cotton content in the Lotus Blend yarn makes it possible to knit warm and soft items, such as sweaters and scarves.
- Unlike other chemical fibers, this yarn features high-quality thermal insulation and good flexibility.
- The soft texture of the yarn makes it ideal for knitting baby clothes.
- Even after several washes, the Lotus Blend yarn still maintains its incredible sheen and color.
- The yarn is relatively thin.
Best Yarn Buying Guide for Addi Knitting Machine
If you are looking to buy the best yarn for multi-purpose use, or even for specific use in your Addi circular knitting machine here is some advice that can help you make the very best choice;
First, remember that not every type of knitting yarn is ideal for your Addi knitting machine. Therefore, you need to ensure that you go for the right type of yarn. It is important to know the classification of yarn standards. If you are a beginner, it is highly recommended that you go for medium-worsted-weight knitting yarn. Wool yarns are usually super stretchy and smooth, which makes them easier for beginners. Also, in terms of colors, light colors are much better, as users can easily see where they’ve stitched.
On the other hand, if you are an advanced knitter, buy either natural fiber yarns or fine cotton yarns. These types of fine yarns are not very stretchy, hence can at first prove challenge knitting with.
Factors to Consider When Buying Yarn for Addi Knitting Machine
When it comes to the actual buying of the best yarn for Addi knitting machine, you are posed with a wide range of options to choose from. Considering the following 3 factors can help you choose the most ideal yarn for your machine.
1.) Dye Lots
When buying multiple skeins of knitting yarn for knitted items, ensure that each of them has the same dye lot numbers. However, if this proves to be impossible, try knitting alternate rows using several skeins, to blend the different colors.
2.) Variegated Yarns
If a particular type of yarn is variegated, then there should be a warning label on it. Look out for these warning labels before buying your knitting yarns. Such variegated yarns are usually very beguiling on skeins and result in disappointing knit projects.
3.) Yarn Fiber
Before you can make a yarn purchase ensure that the fiber content of the yarn matches the knitting project. For instance, sock projects would require yarn fibers that can stretch, while others require that the fiber be washable.
4.) Yarn thickness
You can use nearly all types of weight yarns in your addi knitting machine. But recommended yarn thickness is 3.5 mm – 8 mm for smooth operation.
5.) Yarn Weight
Suitable yarn weight is important for ideal knitting machine. Because it will affect tension of Addi knitting machine.
How Do Addi Knitting Machines Work?
Addi circular knitting machines work similarly to full-blown knitting machines. Its functionality is based on loom knitting, which is why Addi knitting machines are also commonly referred to as loom knitting machines.
To use an Addi knitting machine, crank up the handle. When the handle is cranked up, the machine starts rotating, then feeding yarn by yarn, creating the intended knitting project in the process.
How Do Addi Knitting Machines Work?
What are Some Good Yarn Brands?
The most popular good yarn brand is the Red Heart, also commonly referred to as the ‘America’s Favorite Yarn.’ Red Heart is a trusted company that offers a wide selection of yarn colors and types to choose from. Red Heart yarns are usually sold both online and in craft stores. Other good yarn brands are Mrs. Moon, Erica Knight, Fyberspates Limited, Love Crochet, and Wool and the Gang.
What’s the Best Yarn to Use for Knitting a Scarf?
The best yarn for scarves is Acrylic yarn. This is a very soft type of yarn, which makes it ideal for knitting scarves. A good example of an acrylic yarn that you can use to knit scarves on your Addi knitting machine is the Caron Simply Soft.
What is the Best Knitting Yarn for Baby Clothes?
Acrylic yarn is also the best choice of yarns for knitting baby clothes. Unlike cotton yarns which tend to be hard and stiff, acrylic is usually very soft and safe for the baby.
What’s the Difference Between Knitting and Crocheting?
In the knitting process, loops are formed using a single pair of long, with the stitches being held on the needles. On the other hand, crocheting hooks the loops onto the piece of fabric using a single hook.
Which is Easier: Knitting or Crocheting?
While both knitting and crocheting using similar yarns to make projects, knitting is much easier to learn than crocheting. This is because; while crocheting is done using multiple stitches that resemble smaller knots, knitting is done using only 2 stitches. The 2 stitches used in knitting are the purl stitch and the knit stitch.
Can I Use Machine Knitting Yarn to Hand Knit?
Yes, you can easily use machine knitting yarn to hand knit. And, especially the machine silk and linen yarn blends make very beautiful hand-knit projects.
So, the next time you are looking to buy yarn for your Addi circular knitting machine, don’t just randomly go to a store and stand overwhelmed by the wide range of yarns sold in there. Rather, get yourself one of the 7 best yarn for Addi knitting machines discussed above. When you knit your projects using one of these best yarns, you can rest assured that even you will be mesmerized by the high-quality items that you create!