Unsure of what to wear with a knitted sweater? When it comes to fashion, comfort is key. And what’s more comfortable than a soft, cozy sweater? Knitted sweaters are the perfect way to stay warm while still looking chic.
But if you’re not sure how to style a knitted sweater, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. Here are some of our favorite ways to wear a knitted sweater.
HOW TO STYLE 1 KNIT SWEATER 8 DIFFERENT WAYS
Sweaters are a winter wardrobe staple, but sometimes it can be tricky to figure out what to wear with them. If you’re feeling stumped, here are some great ideas for how to style a knitted sweater. One easy way to style a sweater is with jeans and a pair of boots or booties.
This classic combo is perfect for running errands or grabbing coffee with friends. You can also dress up this look by swapping out the jeans for a black leather skirt or pants. If you’re looking for something a little more playful, try pairing your sweater with a printed midi skirt or trousers.
Add some fun accessories like tights with patterns or bright earrings to really make your outfit pop. For an extra touch of cozy, top off the look with a scarf or beanie hat. Whether you’re dressing up or keeping it casual, there’s no doubt that a knitted sweater is a great option for your winter wardrobe.
With so many ways to style them, you’ll always look put-together and chic – no matter where you’re headed!
What to Wear under Knit Sweater
As the weather gets colder, you may be wondering what to wear under your knit sweaters. Here are a few options to keep you warm and stylish all season long! Layer a collared shirt or turtleneck underneath for a classic look.
If you want something a little more relaxed, try layering a plaid shirt or flannel under your sweater. For a fun and trendy twist, layer a graphic tee underneath your sweater. This is also a great way to show off some of your personality!
If you’re looking for something more fitted, consider layering a tank top or cami under your sweater. This will help create a smooth silhouette and prevent your sweater from becoming too bulky. You can also wear a camisole with built-in shaping for extra support and coverage.
No matter what you choose to wear under your knit sweaters this season, make sure it’s something you’re comfortable in and that will keep you warm!
What Looks Good With a Sweater?
When it comes to styling a sweater, the options are endless. But there are a few key pieces that always look great with a sweater. Here are our top picks:
- A denim jacket: Denim jackets are the perfect way to add a bit of edge to your look. They also help break up the monotony of an all-black outfit.
- A printed scarf: A scarf is a perfect way to add a pop of color or pattern to your outfit. It also keeps you warm!
- Skinny jeans: Skinny jeans always look great with sweaters. They keep your legs looking long and slim and help balance out the bulkiness of the sweater.
- All boots: Boots not only keep your feet warm, but they also give you extra height and make your legs look great. Pair them with skinny jeans or leggings for the ultimate chic winter outfit.
If you’re looking for an easy-knitted sweater pattern, you’re in the perfect place!
This slouchy, relaxed-fit knit sweater is super simple to make. If it’s your first knitted garment, this is one you’ll finish and flaunt with pride. Stop selling yourself short and make yourself a beautiful handmade sweater at home.
Pattern includes a step-by-step photo tutorial as well as a follow-along video tutorial.
How Do You Style a Long Knit Sweater?
- Choose the right length. Not all sweaters are created equal and finding one that hits the perfect spot is key. The best way to do this is to try it on and see where it falls. Ideally, you want it to fall somewhere between your hip and mid-thigh area.
- Consider layering. Long sweaters are great for layering because they add both warmth and style. Try pairing yours with a collared shirt or tank top underneath.
- Go for a fitted fit over a baggy one. When it comes to sweaters, fitted always looks better than baggy—no matter what your body type may be. If you’re worried about looking too bulky, pair your sweater with skinny jeans or leggings.
- Accessorize wisely.
Because long sweaters can be overwhelming, it’s important to choose the right accessories to balance out your look. If you’re wearing a busy patterned sweater, keep the rest of your outfit simple with solid colors elsewhere.
What Do You Wear With a Knitted Cardigan?
When it comes to fashion, there are few items as versatile as a knitted cardigan. This wardrobe staple can be dressed up or down, making it perfect for any occasion.
But with so many different ways to wear a cardigan, it can be tricky to know what to pair it with. Here are some stylish outfit ideas for how to wear a knitted cardigan. For a casual look, try pairing your cardigan with jeans and a t-shirt.
This is a great option for running errands or grabbing coffee with friends. If you want to dress up your look, try pairing your cardigan with a pencil skirt and blouse. This is perfect for work or heading out to dinner.
You can also use your cardigan as a layering piece by wearing it over a sundress. This is ideal for when the weather starts to cool down in the evening but you don’t want to cover up your cute dress. No matter how you choose to style your knitted cardigan, you’ll be sure to look chic and put together.
With so many different ways to wear this closet essential, it’s easy to find an outfit that works for any occasion.
What Do You Wear With an Oversized Knit Sweater?
When the weather starts to turn chilly, there’s nothing cozier than throwing on an oversized knit sweater. But if you’re not careful, this comfortable and casual look can quickly turn into a fashion disaster.
The key to nailing the oversized knit sweater trend is all in the styling. Here are some tips on what to wear with an oversized knit sweater to keep you looking chic all season long. Pair your sweater with skinny jeans or leggings.
This will balance out the volume of your top half and keep your overall look from being too boxy. If you want to wear a skirt or shorts, make sure they hit at a flattering point on your leg, such as right above the knee, or go for a longer length like a midi skirt. Wide-leg pants also pair well with oversized sweaters – just make sure they aren’t so baggy that they swallow up your frame.
To avoid looking sloppy, it’s important to choose an oversized sweater that actually fits. If it’s too big, it will only accentuate your body flaws and make you look larger than you actually are. Stick to sweaters made from thicker fabrics like wool or cashmere; these materials will drape better and won’t cling to your body as thinner knits can.
A knitted sweater is a closet essential during the colder months. They are comfortable, and stylish, and can be dressed up or down depending on how they are styled.
Here are 5 ways to style a knitted sweater:
- Pairing a knitted sweater with skinny jeans and ankle boots is a great way to achieve a put-together look that is still casual enough for everyday wear.
- Wearing a statement necklace with a knitted sweater can dress up the outfit and make it more appropriate for going out at night or for special occasions.
- Layer a cardigan over your favorite dress for an easy fall outfit that will keep you warm without sacrificing style.
- Tuck a knitted sweater into a skirt or pair of pants for a polished look that is perfect for work or class.
- Throw on a hat and scarf combination to complete the outfit and keep you cozy when temperatures start to drop.